Cauliflower Chickpea Coconut Curry Recipe
This is a beautiful and delicious healthy version of everyone’s all-time favourite Thai dish, coconut curry! As usual, it’s quick and simple to make, it’s super dooper healthy, and it is absolutely delicious. This is definitely a coconut curry dish you’ll want to make over and over again. Enjoy xo
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets (3-4 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- ⅓ cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- ½ tablespoon coconut aminos (or Gluten-Free soy sauce)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional), or more if you like spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Fresh cilantro
- Green onion
- Chopped cashews
- Place a large deep 10 inch deep skillet or a large pot over medium high heat. Add in coconut oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in green onion, carrot and cauliflower florets. Sauté for 3-5 minute until cauliflower begins to turn a slight golden brown and onions soften.
- Add in coconut milk, water, curry paste, cashew butter, coconut aminos (or GF soy sauce), cayenne pepper, turmeric, and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Stir in bell pepper, and chickpeas. Simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Before serving, stir in frozen peas and simmer an additional minute, then pour into bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion and chopped cashews.
- This is also great served over brown rice or quinoa.
- Enjoy your coconut curry!