Cauliflower Chickpea Coconut Curry Recipe
This is a beautiful and delicious healthy version of everyone’s all-time favourite Thai dish, coconut curry! As usual, it’s quick and simple to make, it’s super dooper healthy, and it is absolutely delicious. This is definitely a coconut curry dish you’ll want to make over and over again. Enjoy xo
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small head cauliflower, broken into florets (3-4 cups)
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can coconut milk
- ⅓ cup water or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- ½ tablespoon coconut aminos (or Gluten-Free soy sauce)
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon Cayenne Pepper (optional), or more if you like spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Fresh cilantro
- Green onion
- Chopped cashews
- Place a large deep 10 inch deep skillet or a large pot over medium high heat. Add in coconut oil, garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add in green onion, carrot and cauliflower florets. Sauté for 3-5 minute until cauliflower begins to turn a slight golden brown and onions soften.
- Add in coconut milk, water, curry paste, cashew butter, coconut aminos (or GF soy sauce), cayenne pepper, turmeric, and salt, and stir well to combine.
- Stir in bell pepper, and chickpeas. Simmer over medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Taste, and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Before serving, stir in frozen peas and simmer an additional minute, then pour into bowls.
- Garnish with cilantro, green onion and chopped cashews.
- This is also great served over brown rice or quinoa.
- Enjoy your coconut curry!
Miguële Milicevic, of PurelyMe by Miguële Milicevic, is a wife, and mom of 2 young children. Miguële is Holistic Health Coach, a Health & Wellness expert and a Fitness Fanatic. She has been living an organic, plant-based, toxin-free lifestyle for over 20 years.
Through nutrition, Miguële has completely reversed her thyroid issue, MS symptoms, and Lyme Disease symptoms. She has also reversed her 7 year old daughter’s dermatitis condition, as well as her 4 year old son’s eczema. She and her family are living proof that proper nutrition can heal anything and everything.
Miguële specializes in creating delicious recipes which are all extremely healthy, dairy free, egg free, gluten free, soy free, and refined sugar free. Being a busy mom herself, Miguële understands the importance of creating recipes that are quick and simple to make, yet über healthy and nourishing. She will be sharing her wonderful recipes with the Social Stepmom community every Friday.
To get more amazing inspiration go to Miguële’s PurelyMe Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/purelyme_/
Or click on the pink icons below for Miguële’s awesome social media!