Healthy Hot Chocolate and Maca Recipe!
This healthy hot chocolate is not only warming and comforting, but it is also filled with nutrients and minerals. When a drink tastes this good it tricks you into thinking you’re having dessert! My healthy hot chocolate recipe is a perfect drink to enjoy with your loved ones on a cold winter day! Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Raw Cacao powder
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- (optional) Vegan mini marshmallows for topping
- (optional) Coconut whipped cream for topping
- Warm coconut milk in a small saucepan over low/medium heat.
- Once the milk is warm, add the raw cacao powder, maca powder and chocolate chips and whisk lightly but continuously.
- Once the chocolate chips are melted and all is well combined, add the maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Whisk lightly for a few seconds.
- Pour the healthy hot chocolate mixture into your favourite mug, stir in the peppermint extract and top with vegan mini marshmallows and coconut whipped cream (optional).
- Enjoy your healthy hot chocolate by a warm fire!
Yours in health,
Don’t forget to tag me @PurelyMe_ when you make this recipe!
Miguële Milicevic, of PurelyMe by Miguële Milicevic, is a wife, and mom of 2 young children. Miguële is Holistic Health Coach, a Health & Wellness expert and a Fitness Fanatic. She has been living an organic, plant-based, toxin-free lifestyle for over 20 years.
Through nutrition, Miguële has completely reversed her thyroid issue, MS symptoms, and Lyme Disease symptoms. She has also reversed her 7 year old daughter’s dermatitis condition, as well as her 4 year old son’s eczema. She and her family are living proof that proper nutrition can heal anything and everything.
Miguële specializes in creating delicious recipes which are all extremely healthy, dairy free, egg free, gluten free, soy free, and refined sugar free. Being a busy mom herself, Miguële understands the importance of creating recipes that are quick and simple to make, yet über healthy and nourishing. She will be sharing her wonderful recipes with the Social Stepmom community every Friday.
To get more amazing inspiration go to Miguële’s PurelyMe Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/purelyme_/
Or click on the pink icons below for Miguële’s awesome social media!