Healthy Hot Chocolate and Maca Recipe!
This healthy hot chocolate is not only warming and comforting, but it is also filled with nutrients and minerals. When a drink tastes this good it tricks you into thinking you’re having dessert! My healthy hot chocolate recipe is a perfect drink to enjoy with your loved ones on a cold winter day! Enjoy!
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp Raw Cacao powder
- 1 tsp Maca powder
- 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- (optional) Vegan mini marshmallows for topping
- (optional) Coconut whipped cream for topping
- Warm coconut milk in a small saucepan over low/medium heat.
- Once the milk is warm, add the raw cacao powder, maca powder and chocolate chips and whisk lightly but continuously.
- Once the chocolate chips are melted and all is well combined, add the maple syrup, cinnamon and salt. Whisk lightly for a few seconds.
- Pour the healthy hot chocolate mixture into your favourite mug, stir in the peppermint extract and top with vegan mini marshmallows and coconut whipped cream (optional).
- Enjoy your healthy hot chocolate by a warm fire!
Yours in health,
Don’t forget to tag me @PurelyMe_ when you make this recipe!