Basil and Tomato Healthy Linguine Recipe
Miguele chose to share this healthy linguine recipe for the Oscar night because it’s a definite crowd pleaser! It’s also quite quick and simple to make - which is always a bonus when you’re hosting!
You can make a vegan, or non-vegan version of this recipe (details below), which pleases every single one of your special guests.
This healthy linguine recipe serves 4, therefore double-up if you’re planning on hosting a large crowd.
- 1 package of linguine noodles (or any pasta of your choice)
- 1/3 cup filtered water
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 8 leaves fresh basil, sliced thinly (plus more for garnish)
- Salt & pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan (for garnish)
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add the pasta and cook.
- Meanwhile, heat the filtered water in a large pan over medium heat. Add the diced onion and cook until soft (about 2-3 minutes). Stir in red pepper flakes and garlic and sauté for 1 minute
- Add the tomatoes and a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until the tomatoes just begin to blister (about 2 minutes).
- Add 1 cup of the pasta water, as well as the chopped basil to the tomatoes.
- Add the pasta to the pan and bring to a boil. The liquid will reduce as the pasta finishes to form a sauce; 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in 1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan.
- If you’d like to add protein to this healthy linguine dish, sautéed shrimp would make a wonderful addition.
- Sauté shrimp in butter, garlic powder, salt and dried parsley. Once cooked thoroughly, add the shrimp (and it’s garlic butter sauce) to the healthy linguine, and mix well. OR set the shrimp aside in a separate dish, which gives your guests the option to add the shrimp to their individual dishes.
Don’t forget to tag me @PurelyMe_ when you make your healthy linguine!
Yours in health,