This healthified chocolate chip cookie recipe makes for a great sweet treat! I make this recipe once or twice a week, and my kids will have them for dessert or as a little reward for their good behaviour or school grades. Your kids will never know these cookies are lacking all of the sugar and butter from the typical chocolate chip cookie recipe! Not only are they very quick and simple to make, but they’re also ...
- Vegan (dairy free & egg free)
- Gluten free
- Grain free
- Refined sugar-free
- VERY low in fat (for liver love)
1 3/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup Sunflower Seed butter*
1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
Pinch of Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
1/3 cup Vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a large bowl (set aside 1 heaping Tbsp, for later).
- Using an ice cream scoop (or simply a spoon), scoop and roll dough into balls, and gently press until they are slightly flattened.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove and add chocolate chips to the top of each cookie (this makes them look extra pretty).
- Bake another 3-5 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Serve and enjoy!
*You can use any nut/seed butter of your choice. I chose sunflower seed butter for school-friendly purposes
Stay tuned for next week’s recipe!
Miguële Milicevic, of PurelyMe by Miguële Milicevic, is a wife, and mom of 2 young children. Miguële is Holistic Health Coach, a Health & Wellness expert and a Fitness Fanatic. She has been living an organic, plant-based, toxin-free lifestyle for over 20 years.
Through nutrition, Miguële has completely reversed her thyroid issue, MS symptoms, and Lyme Disease symptoms. She has also reversed her 7 year old daughter’s dermatitis condition, as well as her 4 year old son’s eczema. She and her family are living proof that proper nutrition can heal anything and everything.
Miguële specializes in creating delicious recipes which are all extremely healthy, dairy free, egg free, gluten free, soy free, and refined sugar free. Being a busy mom herself, Miguële understands the importance of creating recipes that are quick and simple to make, yet über healthy and nourishing. She will be sharing her wonderful recipes with the Social Stepmom community every Friday.