Veggie and Potato Soup Recipe!
This veggie and potato soup is my GO-TO for those busy nights when I have to whip up a healthy dinner in a flash. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, and a total of 25 minutes to cook (without you having to do any work)! Huge win!!! It is my kids ALL TIME favorite soup, and they devour at least 2 bowls per sitting. This makes me happy because this veggie and potato soup is filled with immune-boosting ingredients and nutrients. Enjoy!
*NOTE: This is the soup that was in my children’s school lunch (Thermos) in my last ‘school lunch’ post. This recipe keeps in the fridge for 5 days, and makes for great leftovers, as well as school lunches!
- 1 bag organic frozen broccoli
- 1 bag organic frozen cauliflower
- 1 bag organic frozen chopped onion
- 1 bag organic frozen green peas
- 5 Russet potatoes
- 6-8 cups (or 2 containers) organic low sodium vegetable broth
- Seasoning: Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried parsley
- Wash and cube potatoes.
- In a large pot, add the full bag of frozen broccoli, the full bag of frozen cauliflower, half of the frozen onion and finally, the cubed potatoes.
- Add the vegetable broth (ensuring it covers all of the veggies and potatoes). I always use 2 containers of vegetable broth (totaling 8 cups).
- Bring to a boil, then add seasoning, and mix well.
- Cover with a lid, lower to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked (at the 25 minute mark), remove lid, remove from heat, and add the full bag of organic frozen green peas. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to tag me @PurelyMe_ when you make this veggie and potato soup recipe!
Yours in health,
Miguële Milicevic, of PurelyMe by Miguële Milicevic, is a wife, and mom of 2 young children. Miguële is Holistic Health Coach, a Health & Wellness expert and a Fitness Fanatic. She has been living an organic, plant-based, toxin-free lifestyle for over 20 years.
Through nutrition, Miguële has completely reversed her thyroid issue, MS symptoms, and Lyme Disease symptoms. She has also reversed her 7 year old daughter’s dermatitis condition, as well as her 4 year old son’s eczema. She and her family are living proof that proper nutrition can heal anything and everything.
Miguële specializes in creating delicious recipes which are all extremely healthy, dairy free, egg free, gluten free, soy free, and refined sugar free. Being a busy mom herself, Miguële understands the importance of creating recipes that are quick and simple to make, yet über healthy and nourishing. She will be sharing her wonderful recipes with the Social Stepmom community every Friday.
To get more amazing inspiration go to Miguële’s PurelyMe Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/purelyme_/
Or click on the pink icons below for Miguële’s awesome social media!