Veggie and Potato Soup Recipe!
This veggie and potato soup is my GO-TO for those busy nights when I have to whip up a healthy dinner in a flash. It takes less than 5 minutes to prepare, and a total of 25 minutes to cook (without you having to do any work)! Huge win!!! It is my kids ALL TIME favorite soup, and they devour at least 2 bowls per sitting. This makes me happy because this veggie and potato soup is filled with immune-boosting ingredients and nutrients. Enjoy!
*NOTE: This is the soup that was in my children’s school lunch (Thermos) in my last ‘school lunch’ post. This recipe keeps in the fridge for 5 days, and makes for great leftovers, as well as school lunches!
- 1 bag organic frozen broccoli
- 1 bag organic frozen cauliflower
- 1 bag organic frozen chopped onion
- 1 bag organic frozen green peas
- 5 Russet potatoes
- 6-8 cups (or 2 containers) organic low sodium vegetable broth
- Seasoning: Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried parsley
- Wash and cube potatoes.
- In a large pot, add the full bag of frozen broccoli, the full bag of frozen cauliflower, half of the frozen onion and finally, the cubed potatoes.
- Add the vegetable broth (ensuring it covers all of the veggies and potatoes). I always use 2 containers of vegetable broth (totaling 8 cups).
- Bring to a boil, then add seasoning, and mix well.
- Cover with a lid, lower to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes.
- Once cooked (at the 25 minute mark), remove lid, remove from heat, and add the full bag of organic frozen green peas. Mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Don’t forget to tag me @PurelyMe_ when you make this veggie and potato soup recipe!
Yours in health,